“Oh, the summer night
Has a smile of light
And she sits on a sapphire throne.”
For the last four years it has been a tradition for my husband and I to turn our 4th of July holiday into a weeklong event.
We pack up the dogs, some great but easy meals, lots of sun screen, shorts, t-shirts, swim suits and head to our lake home for 10 days of rest, relaxation and fun. It’s a great week and we usually have family, or friends come for a few days throughout the week.
This year I did do a little social media work and a few buying trips for my business while on vacation. So I thought I would show you what it’s like working remotely from Battle Lake MN.
We don’t have internet service at the cabin…..yet. So my office for blogging, Facebook posting and “tweeting” is in Vining MN, population: 68.
Now Vining may be small, but it’s not boring! Her are a few of it’s unique features:
1. The Vining Palace, what can you say about a purple bar…but they serve amazing broasted chicken. Check out these reviews from Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/vining-palace-vining
2. The Sculpture Park at Big Foot gas station. All sculptures were created by Ken Nyberg who incidently is the father of Karen Nyberg the astronaut.
3. Karen Nyberg, astronaut
4. Their summer festival “Watermelon Day” . Yes it’s just one day, but lots of fun and FREE watermelon! http://www.prtel.com/vining/Vining_Events2.htm
5. Big Foot Gas & Grocery & Deli. This is where I get my internet service. Also pizza, gas, butter, and anything we run out of while making a meal!
6. Blue Herron Antiques. A cute antique shop where I found a few great pieces to re-purpose. She also sells some interesting garden plants.
This was my vacation. I hope you enjoyed this trip through Vining, Minnesota!