Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Little Creativity….Auction Finds

“The pearl is the queen of gems and the gem of queens.” ~ Author Unknown

Remember all the booty from my “A Day At The Auction” post? I’ve been working on lots of pieces from the loot and thought I would give a little preview of what I’ve created.

My sister in law works for Delta and the Flight Attendants are wearing pink for October in honor of BCRF’s awareness event. She purchased a necklace I had made with vintage pink rhinestones. Then she said I should think about making some pieces for October and Breast Cancer Awareness. I didn’t have much vintage in pink, so I didn’t think much about it.
But…as fate would have it, there were several great pieces of pink in the auction box I had won. So I made a few necklaces, put them on Etsy and decided to donate a portion of the sale of all pink items in my Etsy shop to BCRF.

Here are my Pink Etsy items. They are still available and a portion of sales will go to BCRF.



I also have two pink Advertising Art Pendant Necklaces that I’m including.


I have also been working with the HUGE stash of vintage pearl beads I won at the auction to create bracelets for my “Something Old/Something New” Bridal Line.



These are also available on Etsy. I have LOTS more pearls and would love to create a beautiful, unique, one of a kind keepsake for your big day.

Stay tuned next week for…..A Little Jewelry History ~ Part Five. The 60’s and 70’s!

1 comment: