Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pickin' Oklahoma Style....

"Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain
And the wavin' wheat can sure smell sweet
When the wind comes right behind the rain."

~ RODGERS & HAMMERSTEIN
  

My brother and sister-in-law moved to Oklahoma a few months ago and last week my mom and I went for a visit. It was a perfect long weekend, we relaxed by the pool, ate way to much and I talked them into doing a bit of antiquing

 Here is our tour guide, my brother George, at the entrance to one of the great shops Oklahoma has to offer.
And here's what we found inside!
 Believe me I was drooling!  
And to make it even more interesting the woman who owns and sells all this great  vintage jewelry is the woman George and Jean (sis-in-law) bought their house from!
(You know I asked if she left any boxes behind!)
  
Here is another sweet little shop we visited:
  Friday night my sweet niece Kristin and nephew Brian (AKA: FGS) came over from Arkansas for the weekend.
We visited the Oklahoma City National Memorial.
   I was impressed, moved and humbled by the love, care and detail that went into this beautiful remembrance of 
"those who were killed, those who survived and those changed forever." 
Check out The Oklahoma City National Memorial here

 Stay tuned for....."Pickin' Oklahoma Part Two"  
I'll show you all the goodies I found, and what I've done with them!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment