“A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin; what else does a man need to be happy?”
In my case a table, a chair, a pile of trinkets and my imagination.
I belong to an on line blog group, where we submit our humble blogs and our fellow members give valuable input. Another member recently wrote a blog featuring one of my necklaces titled “They key To Happiness, if it were as simple as this re-purposed necklace”
This got me to thinking, is happiness that simple? So I made a mental list of when I’m happy and why. Here it is some of the things that make me happy:
1. My family, I have the best supportive family in the world. And we all genuinely LIKE each other.
2. My sweet little puppies
And now for the list of simple happy things,
3. The first snow, (don’t ask me about the 7.8.9…..)
4. Digging in my garden
6. Finding trinkets to turn into treasures
7. Pearls, glass beads, rhinestones (I do have a bit of crow in me)
10. Long walks on a cool summer morning
This list could go on, but my point is, yes I do think that happiness is as simple as a re-purposed necklace.
I have a stone on my garden path that is engraved with this saying:
“Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.” ~Robert Brault
I think if we don’t try so hard to pursue happiness we will be happier!
Here are a few pieces that make me happy…. I hope you enjoy them also.