Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Finds....and Fun!

I had an early meeting this morning with a client interested in a few commission pieces. She has her grandmothers jewelry and wants a necklace made to welcome her soon to be sister-in-law into the family.
We also decided to make a bracelet and necklace for her. I can't wait to get started! Custom pieces are my favorite to create.. I love the sentimentality people hold to their family heirlooms. I guess that's because I am such a sentimentalist myself! (ok...that's my BIG word for the day!:-))

I will update you on these pieces, after my client receives them.

Since the last few days have been rainy and a bit gloomy here, and I was up and out early, I thought today would be a perfect day to check out the antique shops in my town. And boy did I score some wonderful stuff!

A great brass lucky horseshoe, black glass faceted beads, cut steel buttons....
Silver chain, rhinestone buckles, and those sweet little old brass turtle screw back earrings!
Also these wonderful vintage tins.....which I will be updating you about very soon.

Well that was my "Fun Friday Finds"......Have a great weekend everyone!
And remember...... "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."  -Bill Watterson

3 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one to re-purpose vintage jewelry ... it's so nice to see this is being done elsewhere. I really think it helps "save the planet" and we can recycle so much and transform items into new and exciting finds. Thanks for sharing.

    Happiness to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you ArtSings. I agree, I love to re-purpose and have a hard time throwing something away that still has some life and beauty in it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find! Sounds like you had a lot fun!

    ReplyDelete