Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring!...and something new from Nostalgic Summer.

 Tomorrow is the first day of spring, and here in Minnesota it's summer. We are having unusually warm weather (80 degrees in March?).

Since it has been so warm we decided to spend the weekend at our cabin. We don't usually do this until mid April. The ice was still on the lake, just barely! We could hear it cracking and see huge pieces floating away...a very surreal site with 80 degree temperatures!
But it was beautiful!
And the girls loved checking out their favorite tree!
Lily trying to climb up after a chipmunk!
Audrey going inside for a better look.
We all had a great time and are so excited to start "lake season" early.

 ....And a little Nostalgic Summer catch up:
I have been very busy the last few week, and I have a few new surprises coming up. Stay tuned for more information on this.

 But I wanted to show you some new pieces I have been working on. I finally added earrings to Nostalgic Summers line and am so excited. I'm finding I love creating them!
These two are from the "Something Old, Something New" Bridal Line. I have some wonderful vintage pearls and crystals and would love to create some custom bridal pieces for you!
My favorite color combination, Ruby red faceted glass beads, White milk glass beads, and Navy blue glass drop beads. These vintage beads are wonderful!
Vintage brass finding combined with sky blue glass beads and a faceted quartz bead.

These are beautiful vintage crystal navette stones, with green glass stones.
These are all available in my Etsy shop along with several more earrings.


Happy SPRING everyone!


"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold:  when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade."  ~Charles Dickens



3 comments:

  1. We've had a warm early spring too! It is neat hearing the ice break up isn't it? Lovely new pieces you've been working on as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Heather! It is a neat and kind of eerie sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are also having unusually warm weather here in Mid-Michigan! I hope it doesn't mean we're in for an unusually hot summer!

    ReplyDelete