Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Day of Art & Culture

 Saturday we had the pleasure of visiting The Minneapolis Institute of Arts (MIA) to view the China's Terracotta Warriors exhibit.

First can I say I love visiting museums and that MIA is one of the best museums I've ever been to. I know you're thinking...what museums has she visited? My list is not long, but I've been to The National Gallery London, Tate Modern London, The Louvre Paris and many small galleries throughout the United States and I love them all!

Minneapolis Institute of Arts, Minneapolis, MN

So...the exhibit. It was located in the Target Gallery and to get to it we walked through the Asian Gallery....A wonderful collection in itself!

We were greeted by a wonderful life size chariot and horse team....then on to the warriors.

The pictures here were pulled from the MIA website...as you CANNOT take pictures of the exhibit (right John) :-)

So, here's just a peak at what we saw:
After 2000 years, he still has bits of his original paint left!
The horses were wonderful.
The exhibit runs through next weekend...I encourage everyone in the Mpls area to go, but do order your tickets ahead of time. We did, but I saw lots of people, who had not, get turned away.

After seeing this wonderful collection I'm feeling inspired to add some bits of Asian flavor to my new pieces.

                                                                 "Everyman,
                                                                   I will go with thee
                                                                   And be thy guide,
                                                                   In thy most need
                                                                   To go by thy side"

                                                      From "Three Hundred Tang Poems"


2 comments:

  1. Have always wanted to see this exhibit, but have never been in a place at the same time they land! Your trip was a reasonable substitute, although it's even further away than when it was in London!

    Dropping by from Blogging Buddies Team on Etsy to follow you, and inviting you to follow me sometime. All the best.

    Isobel: www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Isobel
    The exhibit was fantastic...I do hope you have a chance to visit it at some time. Thank you bunches for your kind words...I'm on my way to visit your blog!
    ~Renee

    ReplyDelete