Sunday, February 24, 2013

A week of "Painting Projects"

I have been in the mood for some "Spring Clean-up" and in need of change around my home/office/Nostalgic Summer World Headquarters, so I devoted last week to a few sprucing up projects.

Sunday started with a trip to our small, local, independent hardware store (doing my "shop small business" duty) where we picked out wall paint samples. After narrowing down to four shades of grey (not 50....hehehe!) we decided on Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter for the family room and also my office.
Here's how it looks in the office,

And here's a peak at how it looks in our family room. I LOVE this color, and as you can see is a warm compliment to my pewter, and silver items, of which I have quite a few.

Monday was spent in a mad painting frenzy! I finished the family room and decided as long as the brushes and rollers were wet.......why not repaint my office.

I woke up Tuesday with a stiff and very sore back.....but was determined to carry on with my "week of painting."  After a few yoga/pilates type exercises I did what everyone with a sore aching back would do, I carried heavy furniture to the basement to paint!


Tuesday and Wednesday were dedicated to refinishing the buffet (shown above) and the cute little TV cabinet my husband made for his new television.
Isn't it sweet? I think it has a mid century modern look. Both pieces were painted using Annie Sloans Chalk Paint in Provence. Provence is a turquoise blue and it is a wonderful compliment to our pewter grey walls.

I spent Thursday and Friday waxing both pieces, and in between all these projects I worked on a piece that I will talk about later....but here's a little tease:
And if you follow my blog, it's something you have seen before! :-) But I'll save it for another post.

Anyway, Saturday (or day seven) I spent shopping! After ALL that work I needed to reward myself.
I found the loveliest new bath towels at Marshall's.....now I have to repaint the bathroom to match. :-)


We rearranged everything in the family room, moved a few pieces out and I finally made room for a "Trunk Tower." I've been collecting trunks and document boxes for quite some time and have always wanted to display them in a tower. What do you think? They show so well against the pewter grey walls don't you think?

Have a great week everyone...and "Think Spring!"




4 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful blog!! I'm your newest GFC follower from the “Blogging Buddies” group on Etsy - this is my blog if you wanted to follow back: godsgrowinggarden.com
    Thanks
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie! I visited your blog, it's so nice!

      Delete
  2. I love the buffet and the trunk tower! Everything looks great. I want to do some spring cleaning now.
    ~Kim
    http://2justByou.blogspot.com
    PS - Meet & Greet hop is open until late tonight, if you'd like to join us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim,
      Thank you for checking out my blog. I just visited yours and am a follower. So sorry I missed the meet and greet...hope to join the next one.

      Delete