Thursday, February 28, 2013

~ A Cinderella Story ~

“Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it” 
~ Confucius

My apologies to Confucius, I don't think this is what he had in mind with this lovely quote!

Anyway for those of you who follow me on Facebook, remember this ugly duckling I found abandoned at a flea market?

She has been transformed!
Here's a peak at the journey my little chair and I took together:
We meet at a Flea Market in Battle Lake, MN. It was a lovely, warm September day and my sweet, albeit homely little friend was abandoned at the side of the road. I took her home, gave her a room (in the basement) and pondered what to do with her.
Lily had a few ideas!

I took off her worn, tattered, out of date fabric, gave her a fresh coat of white milk paint, waxed her and added new stuffing. Then I replaced the very old, very polyester fabric with this wonderful new embroidered linen fabric.
She now holds a prominent place in my office/photo studio.

Isn't she pretty? 

I'm joining "The Six Days Of Spring Link Party"


10 comments:

  1. Wow, she is fabulous! What a terrific transformation!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm a new follower.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this turned out so pretty! She's an ugly duckling no more!!

    XO,
    Christy
    Confessions of a Serial DIYer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Those old chairs clean up so nice. Great fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...that's a dramatic transformation! Nice work--it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That truely is a Cinderella story! Absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww! She is now beautiful! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right...this is quite the Cinderella moment for this old chair! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks Fabulous! I have a vintage chair of my Mom's and one of my Grandmas that are similar in shape that I have redone and I LOVE them. Stop by and take a look, they are shown in my current post for my living room redo on a budget.

    Have a blessed Easter!
    Hugs, Sherry & Marie

    ReplyDelete